Search This Blog

05 February 2012

We Love Kindermusik

It's been a long winter break- seems like ages ago that we wrapped up our Fall Session in mid-December.  That's why it was that much more wonderful to welcome back all the smiling faces this past week as we introduced our spring curricula.  I think just about every child had grown 5 inches (or at least it seemed that way) and there were all kinds of joyful stories to tell and hugs to exchange and, of course, music to make.  And with each of those moments shared, I was reminded over and over again this week of just how very much I love Kindermusik.

I have a lot of reasons for feeling this way.  Kindermusik runs in my blood now.  It's part of my everyday life.  Over my eight years of teaching, I've been challenged to learn perpetually, develop all kinds of skills I never knew I had, connect with people who love me, inspire me, and motivate me to be my best self, and to continuously see all that's so very right with my little corner of the world.  I am grateful for the way this brand, curriculum, and philosophy have changed me and continue to shape the person I am becoming. 
We Love Kindermusik Week is February 13-18.  Check in on our Facebook page that week and help us celebrate!

But perhaps what I love most about Kindermusik is that it runs in my children's veins too.  After all, I became a Kindermusik Educator before I was a Kindermusik Mommy, so my two children were fed a steady beat diet in the womb and welcomed into my arms with choruses of the previous semester's hello songs.  It's just kinda part of who we are as a family and I really can't imagine their childhood without it.  I see Kindermusik in the way Minna puts her life to song.  I see Kindermusik when Leif listens so intently.  I see it when they share, move, rhyme, laugh, play, imagine, read, solve, and love.  I see it every single day in their smiles.  And I saw it in the smiles that came flying back into our classroom this week.

Yep. We love Kindermusik.  Join us and our worldwide community in celebrating February 13-18: the official We Love Kindermusik Week.  Watch for daily updates on our Facebook page and share your own family's Kindermusik love story.

-Posted by Jenn Horak-Hult (a.k.a. Miss Jenn)   
 

No comments: